Building a New Home
There are several aspects of building a new home that consumers find desirable. Having a home that no one else has lived in, designing the floor plan to their own specifications, the right color of paint and decorations are just a few. The main categories that are typically the most important to consumers are the following:
- You know what you want and can have it built to suit
- You know the quality of the construction
- You know the builder (You can choose based previous work quality)
- You can choose the floor plan based on what your needs are.
- Houses experience the most appreciation in values in the first few years of ownership.
- The style of the house can be selected and changed during construction.
- Remodeling is not necessary once you move in.
With all of the benefits that a consumer will find with building a new home, there are some other things to be considered. A consumer should look at both sides of the coin.
- The cost of a new home may be more than an existing house.
- New houses need to be built prior to moving. This will add time to the planning procedures.
- There may not be land available where you would like to build.
Buying a Home
Buying a new home also has several aspects that consumers may find appealing. Keeping in mind that this whole process is dependent upon an individuals needs, and these will vary as much as the individuals themselves. Some things to consider in favor of buying an existing home could include:
- You can move in right away
- You see exactly what youll get upfront
- Necessary changes can be included into the sales contract to be completed before closing.
- If the style of the house and floor plan are enough to make a consumer consider purchase, chances are that there will be little remolding required.
Some things to consider when purchasing an existing home that could be considered as negatives may include:
- The home was designed to someone elses tastes and may lead to remodeling.
- Not all necessary repairs can be included in the sales contract. (A home may be for sale based on the premise that the new owner will need to remodel it.)
- An existing house has already experienced its greatest time frame for appreciation in value.
- As things get older, they need to be replaced. Consumers may find themselves replacing major appliances after a few years or more.