Do you have travel plans for Labor Day weekend? AAA Travel predicts more Americans will be traveling this Labor Day weekend since 2008. Here’s a list of some money saving ideas to keep the trip inexpensive from Forbes.com.
1. Don’t forget about last minute deals. Companies are always offering deals to fill up their empty seats, rooms or cars.
2. Use car rental aggregators to compare prices. Using sites like carrental.com to compare different companies can save you alot of money.
3. Camping is still popular. Nothing beats the price of admission to the great outdoors.
4. Map Apps can help you find the best route and avoid traffic during your trip to help you save on gas.
5. Gas Apps are a great tool to compare prices of gas near you. A gas station right off the highway will always cost more than a gas station a mile in from the highway.
6. Better Travel Times. By leaving a day early (Thursday) or early morning hours, you can beat the traffic of holiday travelers.
7. Packing Food and Drinks will help you avoid the costly restaurants on the highway.
8. Don’t be afraid to move to another hotel if you find a better deal mid vacation.
9. Nothing beats free attractions. Going to the beach can be an inexpensive day.
Read The Original Article at http://www.forbes.com/sites/kateashford/2015/08/31/labor-day/